Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sick Boys

Monday the 7th was Ryan's 28th birthday. It should have been a nice day for him, but instead he wasn't feeling quite himself and had to go to a Bar class from 9am-5pm. So, he continues to feel unwell for the next few days; progressively getting sicker. He seemed to have the flu. Well, in the wee hours of the morning on thursday he gets up to go get some medicine. About 5 minutes later I hear shouting from Ryan's mum. I come running out into the living room to find Ryan flat on his back passed out. He was completely white and looked just awful. He came around fairly quickly thankfully. Liz called 911 for some assistance as to what we should do and they sent an ambulance. Ryan was insistant that he didn't need one so it was cancelled, but we took him to the emergency room to be checked out. We were told he was dehydrated, had an infection in his eyes, and had a bad case of the flu as well. It was quite a terrifying experience seeing poor Ryan lying there so helpless and ill. He is back to his old self again, but my poor wee Jack is now suffering from a slight fever and a very bad cold. He slept for most of the day today and still wanted to go to bed at his normal time. Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon. Although it is so hard to see him sick, I did love just snuggling with him while he was awake today. He has always got something better to do than hug his mummy these days.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is so scary about Ryan! I hope he is feeling better now. Imagine if all of that happened at the end of the month when it was time to take the bar. Isn't it sad when your babies get sick? Dallin came down with a cold yesterday and was up all night coughing and breathing rough and there really isn't much I can do for him. I hope Jack doesn't end up having what his daddy had and gets better soon.

Unknown said...

oh, i'm so sorry about ryan and jack being sick. don't get sick yourself!

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

Oh my gosh how frightening!! I'm so glad that Ryan is ok. (and little Jack too) That is so horrible.

We miss you guys. Still think you're amazing and definitely don't want you to have to experience anything like that again.

Mike and Tia Fam said...

How scary. I can't imagine your sturdy looking husband passing out. I'm glad everything turned out fine. I feel kind of guilty about how much I enjoy the extra snuggling I get when Annabelle is sick, but otherwise I don't ever get them in.