Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm Jack the Pumpkin King


I love the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas"; it's a favourite of mine. I watch it at Halloween and Christmas. So, Jack and I sat down to watch it last week. He was utterly terrified. During the opening song he clung to my arm for dear life. Bless. Well, then he decided that he wanted to try and watch it again later in the week. He was still a little scared, but not nearly as much as he had been. He liked that the main character shared his name and walked around yelling "I'm Jack" while watching it.

This Halloween was the best Halloween I have EVER had. We had about a hundred or so trick or treaters come by our house. The streets were lined with kids. It was like I had always imagined Halloween should be. Like in E.T.
I took Jack out for about 20 mins just around our neighbourhood. Of course the house that was decked out (see pics below..that don't even do it justice!) was completely packed with people. They had added even more decorations and had the theme music from the movie "Halloween" blaring. It was insane. Jack started crying the second we got close to it.
When we got back Ryan and I traded roles and he took Jack back out and I stayed with Pete to answer the door. At one house the family were all sitting outside watching "Monsters Inc" that they had projected onto their garage door. They had extra chairs out for people to sit down and join them. It was fab.

The next day when we got back from Stake Conference at noon, every single decoration on that 'crazy house' had been taken down already! I couldn't believe it. Now I can't wait to see what they do next year.





2 comments:

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Love it! Sounds like an awesome Halloween. Great pumpkin and adorable kids.

kara said...

Thanks for the well wishes Leigh! Your boys are adorable. It looked like Halloween was fun at your house!