Monday, October 4, 2010

Family BBQ at Castle Semple

Sunday 12th we attended Stake Conference in Glasgow. It was nice to see some familiar faces and the talks were really good. Afterwards we headed over to Castle Semple, where my grandparents and cousins, the Hales, live. My cousin, Olivia, had been married there just the month prior for her civil ceremony before heading down to the Preston Temple. The marquee they used for the cutting of the cake, and eating of the cake was still up and it was so it was there that we had our family BBQ. These are my favourite times when I go home...I love getting to see everyone all in one go.
My cousin, Larissa, also had a gorgeous wee girl not long before we got there...wee Islay was passed around quite a bit throughout the day, we were all desperate for a hold. Here she is with my sister, Rachel.
Enjoying some yummy chocolate orange cupcakes that my cousin, Nevada, made. Brilliant face in this one Dane.
The two American's in the background..Ryan and my uncle Larry.
Ben (Olivia's new husband), Larissa, Olivia, and Nevada.
I have been in desperate need of a hair cut for quite some time....luckily my cousin, Madeline, kindly offered to cut it for me. Thank you so much...I love it.
And then it was my turn again to hold wee Islay. I just loved her. I need a wee girl.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Well if you're not pregnant yet, then you missed your lucky birthday month of June. :) Perhaps a little girl late next summer? And by the way, we will definitely be here for Thanksgiving, so we will have to meet up either in Reno or here. Whatever you have time for! It's our turn to cook for you guys!

Leigh Harris said...

Thankfully I'm not pregnant yet....I don't think I could do another June baby!