Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween Costumes

Before we went to Scotland in September I was in TJ Maxx (or TK Maxx to those of you in Scotland) one day and found these ace costumes for a pretty great price. Jack had been asking me for months if he could be a tiger. Well, how perfect, there was his outfit...and when I saw the wee lion one it was hard to resist getting that for Pete! They seemed thrilled. When we got home Jack could not wait to get his costume on....after running around the house roaring and showing off his tail for approximately 5 minutes he demanded the costume off and said it was "too big"? What the devil? It fits, what are you talking about?!
I put the costumes away (as it was only the end of August at this point) and convinced myself that when I pulled them back out in October Jack would be thrilled once again with the tiger outfit.
On the flight back from Scotland 'Iron Man 2' was showing on the plane. Jack didn't have headphones to listen, but did he need them?....NO! He was hooked, completely mesmerized. He was Iron Man's new #1 fan. A couple of days later we were in Target. As we strolled down the newly set-up Halloween aisle Jack's eyes fell upon a new love.
In that moment I knew it was "bye bye" to the handsomest tiger and cutest wee lion I ever did see. I took as many photos as I could that afternoon, forcing them to wear the costumes against their wishes...teehee.
The following day Iron Man and Superman came to the Harris home...and they've been "protecting us" (according to Jack) ever since.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

They are both too cute!

Erin said...

That's hilarious...and somewhat similar to what happened to Abby's costume this year...these kiddos with their own ideas. Those are adorable tiger costumes though!

Karen said...

hahaha, this is so funny. At least you have some really adorable kids to protect you. I'm sure you sleep better at night. HOpe you guys had a happy halloween. Ps I got your text today. thank you for it. It was sweet.