Thursday, February 24, 2011

Callie's wedding

I don't know whether to laugh or cry every time I take a photo of the wee ones together...Jack always has a grip of death around Peter's poor wee neck. He's trying so hard to be sweet and give his brother a hug, but wee Pete's face is always pleading "HELP ME!"
Callie's wedding was a week long event. I felt like I was at one of those Indian weddings....that's what they do their right?! Don't get me wrong, it really was lovely to see all of Ryan's extended family, but I was also very ready for it all to be over. I was beyond tired come Sunday evening.
Half the family arrived on Tuesday, we had her endowment session on Wednesday, a family dinner(which the wee ones and I actually missed) on Thursday, photos starting at 2pm on the Temple grounds on Friday followed by the sealing at 6pm, then a dinner in Gresham (an hour away)which got postponed till 8:30pm and then finally the reception back in Gresham on Saturday from 2-4(which turned into 6), followed by a ABSOLUTE LAST family dinner down in Salem(an hour and a half back from the way we came)at 7:30pm. It was hard on us all.
Wee Peter HATED wearing a tie on the day of the sealing, but Jack thought he was the bees knees! I was shocked...I may have to go invest in one (since these ties were borrowed from a friend).
We did take some family photos outside as well, but thankfully when it started raining, as it has a tendency to do here in Oregon, we were able to take some in the Temple's atrium.
Callie looked very beautiful in her dress. I was completely amazed how well Liz did transforming it too...it was totally strapless when she bought it; you would never have known though.
Ryan, Rachel, Chris, Callie, Liz, Mitch, and Casey.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Aww wee pete is so cute, I like their ties they look so grown up now. I was exhausted reading that list of things to do before and after the wedding, no wonder you were tired at the end of it all!

Val said...

The boys look so cute together! Good thing weddings only happen once, that was quite the week! ;)