Tuesday, February 28, 2012

End of Feb

Some more brief happenings...this may become a trend.

-The twin lovelies started rice cereal last week shortly after turning 6 months old. Today for lunch it was sweet potatoes. They are thoroughly enjoying eating from a spoon.
As always I'm feeling all sad about how fast they are growing, but at the same time enjoying this 'rolling, laughing, blethering, grabbing, sitting and playing with toys' stage immensely. I didn't think I'd get much use out of my massive nursing pillow once they got too big to lie on it, but it's been great. They take turns sitting in the middle of it and have tons of wee toys within reach.
-Every Sunday I feel like I've just done some intense workout by the time I get to the church building...and that's just getting there, good grief! Thankfully since the time has changed to 11:30am it's not quite as crazy.
I watch all the wee kids causing havoc at the back of the RS room during the 3rd hr and I get a wee lump in my throat thinking about my future in there with the babies....pure madness! And I just got extended a calling after my 8 month hiatus!

-Poor Jack, he desperately wants to live in Scotland so he can be close to his cousins. He asks EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. if we can go to Scotland so that he can play with them...he's really concerned with finding out what kind of toys Samuel and Isaac have ( my brother, John's boys). Ryan's youngest sister, Callie, is expecting her first baby in the middle of April, so he'll get his first cousin here in the States, however, Jack was really disappointed that it wasn't a boy...he's over it now and seems to be fairly excited to meet baby Zoe. I know I am.
-A week ago today was Pancake Day/Shrove Tuesday. Jack and Peter were ecstatic about getting to help make the pancakes and eat them for dinner. I found a great recipe in a cooking book I use a lot...they were the most delicious pancakes I've ever made. Ryan was working late that night and missed out, but we ended up making them again two more times that week because they were so good! Ha.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I wish we could have pancakes for dinner EVERY NIGHT! I think today is a pancake day, actually. Your girls are growing up so beautifully. My cousin just had twin girls last week and I think she is lucky that she had the twins first instead of already having a couple of little boys like you. You are one awesome momma! You didn't say what your new calling is! I hope it is doable with the four little ones. Of course it is doable. Heavenly Father wouldn't have given it to you if it wasn't, right? Glad the girls are enjoying the solids and starting to entertain themselves a bit more. This is such a fun stage before they start being some serious trouble (Can you tell that Parker really has it out for me these days?) I miss you guys and hope we'll see you sometime in the not too distant future!

alisa fawn said...

That is so sweet about Jack wanting to be with Samuel and Isaac so bad (sad as well, tell Jack that we want to be with him too!) This is why John and Margaret should consider Canada instead of Australia!

Ursula said...

Thanks for updating your blog, I always love to find out what you are doing. What cute children you have, they sure are growing up fast. Hang in there Leigh, it will get easier.