Monday, March 4, 2013

Dear Penelope,

Hiya Gorgeous girl!  I just reread the letter I wrote to you back in Nov.2011.  It was so funny reading that I called used to call you "wee Madam"; my, how you have changed.  I remember thinking that Olive was going to be my mellow child always and you my little outgoing, social butterfly.  How strange that you would reverse roles.  

You are still very dainty and gentle; a mere 20.5 pounds (at your check-up recently due to an ear infection, sad).  You're due your eighteen month check in a few days though, so we shall see if you are still the same.  Boy, you hate going to see the Doctor and subsequently, I hate taking you! Ha!  It is one of the hardest things for me to do, being in there with you and your sister while you get your jags.  You'd think a murder was taking place in our room if you were a passer by.  Heavens!  
Just like Jack, you are very hesitate of anyone new, and being touched by anyone you don't know is a massive 'No No' in your opinion.  
But, at the same time, if you are left with a babysitter you won't fuss too much at all, so long as you can hover close to your brothers and sister for...protection? comfort?  I'm sure a bit of both, ha.  It still surprises me though how well you can manage without me so long as you have your entourage by your side.  

You have gone to nursery a few times now at church and are getting on well there.  I've noticed more and more how much you like baby dolls/prams, superheros, and most importantly colouring with pretty much anything you can get a hold of...you do not like to eat crayons like your sister, you use them properly! 
Some other favourites of yours are:  Helping Mummy with the laundry, watching 'Peppa Pig' on Daddy's tablet, watching 'Yo Gabba Gabba' with Olive and your blankie, your dummy(we will need to start getting rid of that soon), your Teddy bear blanket, listening to Daddy play his guitar, rocking with Dad in his chair, getting your shoes on and being out at the shops, skyping/waving at Granny, and going to bed.  

What? Going to bed? You used to be my worst sleeper, Miss Mouse, and now, you are an amazing, superb, incredible, and utterly fantastic sleeper!  I put you down at 7:30/8pm and don't see you up till 9/9:30am! Heavenly.

You aren't talking as much as your sister yet, but that is all good and well.  Since you are like Jack in just about every way I assume you may speak a little latter like he did as well.  For now you say, "Mum, Dad, Yes, Gabba, No".  I'm sure you'll be chatting my ear off one day like your other siblings.  

You are a quiet, beautiful, sensitive wee soul, my lovely, and oh how I love watching you grow.  I love being your Mum.

 Squeeze hug, Mum x



2 comments:

Val said...

Those pigtails are precious!

S said...

I love reading these letters!! They are such treasures. Your tales of the twins are priceless! Especially about Olive being bossy and taking Penelope's food. I couldn't help but laugh....she looks so innocent! haha! Such beautiful girls!! They are going to love reading these when they are older!