Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Jack and Peter's birthday 2013

Back to June to catch up a wee bit.  Oh how I wish I could  reverse time and still have my trip home to Scotland to look forward to again...

Jack finished his school year on June 12th; how is it possible that I will have a wee 1st grader in less than a month? Crazy.  
Grandma Liz, Auntie Rachel and her wee boy, Eli, came to visit with us for a few days to help celebrate Jack and Peter's birthday and spend time with us before we headed away for the 4 weeks.  
Peter greatly enjoyed teaching Grandma to play the Wii...specifically Smash BROS (I love the way he puts so much emphasis on the 'bros') his absolute favourite.  He gets very excited whilst playing; in fact I may need to post a wee vid of him playing at some point...it's mighty hysterical to watch him.
The girls got used to having Grandma around again.  They forget most of the time who she is due to their age, but I think they kinda remembered this time as it didn't take them so long to warm up to her. 
The wee guys decided they wanted a pirate themed party, specifically 'Jake and the Neverland Pirates'.  I wasn't sure I should even do a party this year with us leaving just two days later, but I figured it was a nice chance for them to see their wee friends one more time before we left.  The boys were so excited to get on a plane and see Granny, etc, but, as usual, there was months of excitement leading up to their birthday as well.   In fact, I'm already being asked by Peter how long it is till his next birthday and he's chosen a theme for the party already too....good grief! Ha.
It was nice having my sister in laws and Liz there to help me organize everything, as I was still getting last minute packing done for the trip too.  Callie iced the wee pirate cupcakes for me and made the toosie rolls into pirate ships.  I decided I didn't have enough time this year between having the family in town and packing to spend a day making a fancy cake....maybe I'll continue that tradition next year.  But I did kind of enjoy taking a break from it too.   

Cal getting the cupcakes ready.

Wee cute Eli was fun to have around, he was starting to walk at this point.

The birthday brothers were decked out in their pirate gear and eager for their guests to do the same! 


Auntie Rachel and wee Zo Zo were great company for the weekend.
Grandma Liz helped give some kids a mustache, while I handed out the hats.
The Platt kiddos came dressed as great pirates thanks to their Dad...they each had coat hangers turned into hooks! Ha. 
We played pin the eye patch on Jake (which I may have done for Peter last year too) and pin the flag on the pirate ship.
The we did some 'Jake' colouring in pages. 
And Grandma Liz read two pirate themed books to the crew! 
Next up we headed outside for the pinata! Jack and Peter were really pleased that we had been able to find a pirate one with a hook and a peg leg.

We concluded the afternoon with the cupcakes and gifts from their friends.
As usual they were very spoiled and so grateful for the fab gifts they received. (Jack hanging out with two of his best friends, Joey and Christopher)

The party was a hit with everyone and although having 19 children and 10 adults in my house for it was a little busy at times, we all loved celebrating these two wee pirate brothers.  


2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness Leigh, what a fun party!! It all looks fabulous. So wish we could have been there. I also hope your trip Scotland was the best ever. It sounds like it was. I feel so bad I wasn't able to see you in the spring when I was in Oregon. IT was just crazy. Hopefully I can make it back soon. Love you to bits girl. HOpe things are well!!!!! I just love seeing pictures of you family. You guys are too cute. And the girls are getting so big!

S said...

Love the pirate theme!! And so funny...we have the same book in the picture, haha! You have such an adorable family; love that family photo....the mustaches on the boys are priceless!! I'm in the same boat as you with having a first grader in a few weeks. I'm going to miss him so much! It's quite the adjustment isn't it :)