Saturday, August 17, 2013

Scotland Part 2

While I was home two of my wee brothers graduated from University, Daniel and Euan.  Daniel decided not to walk, so I don't have any pics of him unfortunately.  And even though I wasn't there in person to see my brother, Euan walk either, due to the lack of tickets available, I was glad that my camera was snagged to take these brill pics of him and his gorgeous wee family.  I am so proud of both of my brothers for completing there degrees...hopefully some great jobs will come their way soon. 
I love this one of Euan with my Mum.  
Again, these pics are all very out of order, but Ryan and I took just the boys into Glasgow on the train one morning for a wee walk around the city.  It was a bizarre feeling showing them all my old 'haunts' and feeling very grown up in a city that I was still so young in when I first left home.  I was so anxious to get out into the world and see everything back then and now I want nothing more that to take my family back there to live. 
Here they are in George Square, where Ryan did his usual.  He walked around and read every word on every plaque he could find. Ha.
We let the boys look in a few toy shops, ate lunch, looked in the Modern Art Gallery, and walked and walked until the kids complained that they couldn't go any further.  They were ready to go home to see Granny and cool Uncle Neal...they might like them better than anyone else in this world. 
After Ryan left it was harder for us to get around.  My Dad had gone back to work and we didn't have enough car space to get everyone out and about unless someone else in the family was coming over that day.  We didn't care at all though.  I was happy to stay home and enjoy just being there.  We got to have lots of cousin time and that was by far a favourite thing for me.  I love seeing my nieces and nephews and watching them interact with my own children.  
This particular Sunday was brilliant.  It was the Wimbledon final between Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic.  The only thing I wish differently about that day was that Ryan could have still been there too, but it was an incredible day with the Scot, Andy, victorious, and I loved having almost all my siblings there except for Amy and Rachel.  
I captured my wee nieces, Eleanor and Ena, playing together, and goodness, they are both just so beautiful! 

I just remembered that Isabel had gone off to a friend's to watch the match and so, unfortunately, she wasn't about for this sibling pic either.  It's funny that when I was home 2 1/2 years before my sis in law, Margaret, was heavily pregnant then too...they are now expecting their fourth.  I hope it's not ages till I get to meet this next one.  
Funny side note about the group pic.  It took about 10 shots to get a half decent one of us adults, because the kids were all going crazy and attacking each other during it.  It was actually hysterical. 

We went over to Castle Semple (where my grandparent's and my aunt and uncle live) on the 6th July to have a late 4th July BBQ with the all the Americans.  My Uncle Larry is American and he had a few friends from the States that had come as well.  There was lots of good food, sparklers, and kids running around like mad.  Penelope was very attached to Isabel, and clung to her more than me the entire time we were in Scotland.  Maybe it's because they're both really girly and like doing their nails together. :)
My cousin, Larissa, drove over one afternoon with her two wee ones, as well as my brother, John, and his family.  We walked to Calderglen with the many troops and played for what seemed like a life time of stress trying to keep track of them a midst the other millions of kids, before heading for a walk through the Glen back home.  I wished Sonny had been well enough to walk with us.

 Heading to the Calderglen.
Islay and Isabel....the two redheads.
Looking over to the Glen; Sonny's favourite spot.
Jack and Larissa had a race down the hill, but Jack was the clear winner...Larissa was still in hysterics at the top while he was nearing the bottom.

No comments: