Sunday, March 23, 2014

February 2014

At the beginning of February a group of ladies from my ward decided to go roller skating.  I loved that all of them, bar one who goes weekly, told me that they were terrible at it and since they hadn't done it in 20+ years they'd be falling on their bottoms!  Well, every single one of them lied!  The second they got there they were whizzing around doing fancy moves and skating backwards...I was in shock and kinda devastated that I was the only one that couldn't skate.  I mean I had one pair of skates when I was quite young, but I just went down the bumpy wee path by my house once in a while, so I really had no experience. Anyway, thankfully I am a cautious soul and moved like a snail around the edge until I got the hang of it, so I never did fall! Victory and I laughed at myself until my cheeks ached.
The boys have just finished their third round of swimming lessons.  I'm really pleased with how comfortable they are in the water now, how well they like all the teachers they have had, and that they want to keep going!  So we will power on with the lessons until they are good wee swimmers.
I'm kinda into holiday decorating, well at least for the ones I like.  So we had lots of lovely wee bits and bobs around the house for Valentine's Day, the wee ones loved it.
Jack was excited to make some valentines for his class mates and, of course, loved receiving 25 cards in return.  What a heart breaker! ...but actually they make you bring enough for everyone.



 I have lovely memories of my mum making each of us the most beautiful Valentine's Day cards that we would wake up to on the morning of, along with really yummy chocolate.  I'm trying to do the same for my wee ones, and hopefully it will mean as much to them as they grow.
Ryan and I went out for a really nice dinner at Tina's in Dundee; a wee town next to Newberg.  I'd heard great things about the food from some friends and it did not disappoint.  It wasn't quite as good as our fanciest dinner to present at 'The Painted Lady', but it was still really delicious.  I'll be heading there again soon.
 Penelope is really into looking through old pictures, especially ones of Jack and Peter as babies and Ryan and I as young love birds/newlyweds.  She's been the sort to carry around little "treasures" since she was a  wee 9 month old, so these little photo books have become her newest treasure.  Hopefully she'll love looking back at this blog when she's older too.
 I've shown a couple pics of Olive with all her many bags on Instagram before.  But I need to document it on here too.  She piles her favourite books, toys, and even food into these backpacks and tote bags and drags them around the house with her everywhere.  In this particular pic she only has 3, but I've seen her with as many as 6!  Absolute nutter I tell you! 


Here's the girls playing their "baby game".  Olive is always the one pushing since Penelope is too much of a weakling to even budge Olive! Ha.
  I love these wee dresses my sister in-law, Margaret, made for the girls.  When I won the Pegbuddies giveaway I thought it would be a nice idea to have the wee girl pegs in the dresses.  Now we'll always remember how bloomin' cute they looked in them.












I've been on a wee winning streak lately.  But I think it's come to an end now unfortunately.  After I won the pegs of us, I won a brill t-shirt with an artist's illustration on it and then I won these fab letterpress prints!  I am really thrilled with them, as I'd been eyeing them for a while on the company's website.  Nice to not have to buy them!



Bath time 'crazy hair'!  And I'm amazed how dirty these lovelies get...well really only just Olive, but Penelope insists on going in too.  Sometimes 2 baths a day are needed for that girl.
The weather is picking up around here and we've spent a great deal of time at the library lately, which then leads us to the park behind it.  It's funny watching all their wee faces really light up when they are outside with the sun shining.  And mine does too, I seriously can't wait for summer!
 Callie and Zoe came over to visit a couple of weeks ago.  Callie is expecting her second child, a wee boy, that they are going to call Wyatt James.  Zoe is baby crazy like my girls and it was very sweet watching them carry around their dolls and care for them as they played together.  The girls still take one nap most days and usually I send Peter in to wake them up.  He's really good about waking them up gently and not going in screaming at them.  Sometimes he gets in bed along side one of them and starts reading them a book and just has a wee chat for a while until they fully wake up.  Best big brother award.


1 comment:

S said...

Oh my goodness I loved this post! First off bravo on the skating!!! Such a fun night out. Jack is like Peyton and so excited about Valentines. I loved hearing about the girls and their cute personalities. Isn't it funny their little quarks. Allie is like Penelope and has her photo albums she carries around. She loves looking at them over and over again. And Olive with her bags is adorable. Don't you just want to buy her cute purses just to see her haul them around lol! But the story of Pete was so sweet. What a great big brother!!

Oh and so funny, but as odd as it sounds I just saw the movie Brave for the first time a few weeks ago. I didn't know what I was missing! It is Allie's new favorite and she walks around saying "wee" all the time! I have to say honestly I love it way more than Frozen, I loved all the culture in it! It reminded me so much of you, especially when the mother reminds the boys to not play with their haggis haha! I hope we can visit in person sometime! Our kids would have a blast playing together! xoxo