Sunday, May 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home



Jack and I made it to Bonnie Scotland! We flew stand-by which made me so unbelievably nervous, but the kind gate crew of US Airways took pity on me with a young child and let us on the first flight going to Philly. I was supposed to be the 2nd stand-by and there was only 1 seat left, but they chose me over the other guy...it was a miracle. The 2nd flight going to Glasgow had a few seats luckily, so everything worked out for us. Jack is a super traveller too. Not a single crying episode the entire 19 and 1/2 hours! In fact at the end of each flight the person sitting directly behind us stood up to leave and said, "What...there was a baby on this flight!" I was so proud of him. He'll be a traveller like his mum.

We arrived Saturday morning and were greeted by family. We are having such a lovely time with all of them. Jack adores his aunts and uncles (especially uncle Neal who is 11 yrs old) and they love him. I got to meet my only nephew, little Samuel, for the first time too.
We miss Ryan terribly back at home in Oregon, but we will see you again soon luv!

2 comments:

S said...

I'm so glad you made it home safely and with such ease! It's such a blessing that little Jack travels well! Have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute of your trip!!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Enjoy yourselves! I am glad that traveling went as well as it could considering the distance as well - Jack is always such a champ! love ya and miss you :)