Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm getting old

The last few days have been fun and eventful. On Friday night we all went out to Chinese to celebrate both Ryan's sisters birthday, which was on Thursday and my birthday, which was on Saturday. I am feeling very old...and won't reveal my age. Ryan and I then got a chance to go out alone on Saturday to celebrate. It was so nice getting a break and time to ourselves without the wee guy. We went to a cozy wee Italian place here in Salem. It's crazy that I can't wait to get home and see Jack though after only an hour or so. He is getting so much better about staying with other people and not crying when I return. It's a huge relief to me knowing that he'll be well behaved for the sitter. Mother's Day was lovely too. I am so grateful to be a mother..sure it has it's rough moments, but I can't believe the joys that come from it. I can't believe my mum had 8 though! She is the most wonderful woman! It wasn't Mother's Day in Scotland yesterday, but I just want her to know again how much I love her.


Here is a late graduation pic of us outside the Provo Tabernacle.

1 comment:

S said...

Happy Late Birthday Leigh!! Don't worry about getting old ...I've got you beat! I substituted for my husband's primary class a few weeks ago and one of the girls (6 yrs. old) told me that her mom was 45, she then asked me how old I was. I told her to guess and she said, "well if my mom is 45 than you must be 40!" I couldn't believe she had aged me 15 yrs!! It was hilarious! Hope you are having a great week :)