Monday, May 5, 2008

Nothing new


Nothing terribly interesting has been happening since we moved out here to Oregon, but I thought I should post at least something short. Ryan has been working away for the last week now at the Portland law office. He is starting to feel a lot more settled there which is good. He's been studying for the Bar and I am overwhelmed just looking at the size of the two books he's got to get through before the Exam in July.
Jack is doing really well here. He seems very settled. When we came here for Christmas last year he was a nightmare. He didn't sleep well and was kinda grouchy all the time until we got back home to Utah. I was nervous that it would take him a while to adjust to being in a new place again and having all these new faces around him, but he's been wonderful. He's hardly been grouchy at all and is starting to sleep well too.
I have been struggling a little with not having my own place, but I am very grateful that my in-laws are kind enough to put us up for a few months. My mind is occupied with the flights to Scotland and hoping so much that things work out for Jack and I on the trip. So, keep your fingers crossed for us!

Pic: Jack doing a bit of gardening with Grandma and Grandpa Harris

1 comment:

Mike and Tia Fam said...

I am glad Jack is happier on this trip! AND I can't wait for you to go to Scotland with 'wee little Jack" - I'm sure he'll be a hit :)