Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tulips

Our friends invited us to come along with them to the Tulip Festival in Woodburn last weekend. I had actually been looking at someone else's pictures of their visit to the festival a few days prior and was in complete awe...it looked truly breathtaking. I wasn't disappointed. It turned out to be a slightly longer drive out there than I had anticipated and Ryan even made the comment that he didn't realize we were going to California to see the tulips, but it was a pleasant drive (with both weans asleep) and lovely scenery.
Of course I attempted to get the boys together for a nice photo in amongst the flowers, but it went as expected...no one co-operated.

I loved this brilliant old steam tractor...I thought Jack would too, but for some reason he was a little unsure of it and threw a massive fit as we walked towards it.
Pete and I sat for a few minutes in with the tulips and got a couple of cute wee shots together, before grabby Pete thought it would be more fun to behead the poor things.

Jack told me over and over and over that he wanted to go in "that house"(the windmill)...of course it was purely decorative and so he was pretty disappointed when he finally got over to it. He did make an attempt to launch himself over the railing around it, but I'm no fun.
We have been enjoying some beautiful sunshine here in Oregon and I hope it continues a wee while longer.
In other news, Ryan's parents are waiting to hear back from a job interview that might take them to Florida. It would be sad not to have at least one set of grandparents close by for the kids to grow up around, but if that is where Chris gets a job then we'll be happy for them. And really I don't think I'll be that upset about having to take a trip to Florida to visit them...Disney world here we come(...maybe).

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is beautiful! We wanted to go to a similar thing when we were in CA last (Daffodil Hill), but due to storms they were already dying. Glad that you got to enjoy such a lovely place as a family! Isn't taking pictures of two little boys a blast? Just set your expectations nice and low. I hope things work out with Ryan's Dad getting the job in Florida, although I too would be sad to have them across the country and yours across the ocean. I hope that what is best works out. The Guisti reunion is going to be either the last weekend in July or the second weekend. We're hoping for the second weekend because I will be slightly less pregnant then. Try not to go anywhere then so we can see you guys!

Anne and Brookie said...

Leigh - you look GORGEOUS in these photos! What a fun outing!

S said...

I love that last photo Leigh! Forget the flowers (beautiful as they are)...you look amazing!! I love your long hair!!!! What a fun trip though...Peyton would have done the same as your boys....the poor flowers! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Dave, You look hot in those pictures! (JK, Anne)