Tuesday, April 27, 2010

They're moving.

I can't believe my luck, both wee ones in bed by 7pm. Jack usually goes down this early, but Pete lingers around until closer to 8:30pm. Anyway, I thought I'd just jump on and give a run down of our weekend. Friday afternoon I got a call from my father-in-law saying he'd got the job in Florida. As I congratulated him I got a wee bit teary eyed which kinda surprised me. I knew it was very likely that he'd get the job, but I guess another part of me thought this one might fall through like some of the others he had interviewed for. We came to Oregon to be close to Ryan's family since there is no way we're headed over to Scotland anytime soon to be close to mine (for some reason Ryan isn't so keen on the idea of going through law school again...can't imagine why?).
Well, Chris asked us to come over for dinner on Sunday as he would be leaving Tuesday....what! I was pretty shocked. We had plans for dinner with a family in our ward, but under the circumstances we cancelled so we could go say farewell to Chris. Liz (my mother-in-law) is going to leave at the end of June after school gets out; she works as a teacher's aid.
We had stake conference this weekend. Ryan had priesthood meetings during the day and when he returned I headed out myself to the Saturday night session. It was really wonderful. I haven't cried like that through a session of stake conference...well...ever.
During the Sunday morning session both kids conked out. It was fabulous. My children have never been so well behaved at church(if only they would always dim the lights during sacrament meeting! It was being broadcast from our stake center to our home building). When Jack woke up 5 mins before the end he turned to me and said, "Mum, I'm sick. I need to take a nap". Before I could say a word, he started to cough that dreaded cough (the one that sounds like barf is coming). I grabbed him, and ran as fast as I could to the closest bathroom...he exploded all over the sinks. Poor kid. And poor me. I did not want to clean it up, but of course I did.
He took another 2 hour nap when we got home, but seemed grand as sand when he woke up. We decided just to take him to Ryan's parent's house even though we were still a little unsure about him...mainly because this would be the last time he'd see his Grandpa for quite a while. Minutes after walking through their front door with him he exploded all over their carpet. Oh, motherhood. I tended to the wee sickie for another hour before he zonked out again. Bless.
It was an "interesting" visit...dealing with wee sick Jack, meeting Callie's(ryan's sister)new beau, hearing about Casey's (ryan's bro) new life on a chicken farm(he came in from Cali for 1 day to collect all his furniture that was stored in his parent's garage), and hearing about all the plans for their move to Florida.

Oh and Pete just woke up and he has a temperature...smashing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a bummer.