Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another year older

On Sunday it was Mother's Day here in the States (it was on March 14th in the UK). Ryan made me breakfast...it was supposed to be breakfast in bed, but I kinda got out and made the bed. So all four of us sat on top of the bed and shared it.
As much as I love being in YW it was nice to be able to go into Relief Society with all of the women in our ward. The men took over all the women's callings for the last hour, it was great..plus I didn't have to prepare a lesson, that's always a lovely bonus.
Later in the day we had Ryan's mum and the Sister Missionaries over for dinner. I felt spoiled, I got some really nice gifts.
Then yesterday the spoiling continued as it was my birthday. I have made the most wonderful friends since moving here to Newberg. One friend surprised me with a delish cheesecake and balloon on my doorstep first thing in the morning. I got some beautiful tulips from my friend, Val, and my amazing visiting teacher brought over a loaf of homemade artisan bread. The boys and I met Ryan at the mall later in the day and we ate dinner at the cheesecake factory. It was the perfect place to be with my noisy children. There were tons of people having 'Happy Birthday' sung to them .... I didn't and the pathetic dessert freebie wasn't enough to convince me to change my mind.
Here's a photo of me with wee Peter at the restaurant and then with my wee Jack the lad.

I've had such a lovely couple of days. I love my wee family and was glad I also got the chance to talk to my family in Scotland too. My dad said, "well....28 years ago today we had the pleasure of your company". I said, "yeah, I know, I'm getting pretty old....but not as old as Ryan, he'll be 30 this year!" Ha. I won't be laughing when it's me.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

what kind of cheesecake did you have? I hope you can come over soon I want to see jack and pete and you and ryan too of course!

Madeline said...

haha! I will be 30 this year also! What a belter! :)

Leigh Harris said...

I had layered chocolate truffle and vanilla cheesecake..it was amazing. I hope I come soon too...I am soooo homesick.