Friday, June 4, 2010

Birthday cupcakes

(Picture taken from "The girl who ate Everything' blog)

Jack and Peter have the same birthday, June 15th. We're going to have a small party for their birthdays on Sat.12th. here at the house with a few friends and then we'll do a family dinner on their actual birthday. I came across these cupcakes on a blog I look at and just loved them. I want to make them for the party. I went out and bought everything I need to make them this afternoon.
Baking intimidates me...not just baking actually I always get supper nervous when I try a new recipe. I'm terrified that it'll turn out just awful and everyone will smile pleasantly, but secretly think I'm the worst cook ever.
I'm going to do a test run of the cupcakes in a wee bit...I can just see it being a disaster if I leave it till the day of to try making them. Wish me luck!





3 comments:

joynevada.com said...

I want to make those too!!! I have been looking for the food colourings all over the place. I heard you can get them in Lakeland, so I am going to get them to make gorge rainbow cakes!

Rachel said...

I love the colours I didn't know you could make cupcakes like that! I want to see pictures of how yours turn out

S said...

Good luck Leigh! I feel the same way...I love to try new recipes but get really worried that they will turn out horrible. I tried making homemade frosting once....it was really runny. Not at all the consistency it was supposed to be. LOL! You'll do great!