Thursday, July 8, 2010

He's 30!

Yesterday was Ryan's 30th Birthday! He had a board meeting in Medford(5 hours away) on Tuesday night and then stayed the night at his Aunt and Uncle's house before heading back up on Wednesday. Jack is really into birthdays at the moment. When I told him it was Dad's birthday his initial reaction was "No, it's not dad's birthday, it's my birthday!" ...he got over that pretty quickly though and was really excited to help me make Ryan a birthday cake and get the presents wrapped. Then, of course, he decided he didn't want Ryan to get the presents and that they were actually his instead...ha.
Peter gets really excited when he hears Ryan coming home each evening from work...and usually ends up here on daddy's shoulders.
Ryan with the wee ones after singing "Happy Birthday"
My friend, Ashley, offered to watch the kids while Ryan and I went out to dinner. It was so nice to get out by ourselves. We went to the Cheesecake factory and even though I had make this pathetic birthday cake (pictured below) we couldn't resist getting a slice of banana cream cheesecake. It was incredible. We stopped off at Barnes and Noble so Ryan could use a gift card he got from his parents and then we headed back.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY again Ryan...the wee ones and I think you're the bees knees. Love you.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That cake is not rubbish! I want you to teach me how to make cakes when I come over..oh yea we booked our tickets!