Thursday, July 8, 2010

July...

People keep asking me "So, how many days?" .........well I stopped counting and haven't been really thinking about it all that much because it still seems like ages away to me. Well, I decided to take a minute and count. 58 days. Then we'll be in Scotland. It stills seems too long because I want to be there now, but the time is flying by and we'll be there before I know it.
These last few days have been flippin' roasting here. Torture actually. I can barely stand it. Poor Ryan had to drive the whole way to and from Medford in 98 degree heat without air conditioning in his car. He was soaking wet when he got home.

I cut Peter down to one nap a day because he was staying up way too late at night with the two. Now he'll take one 3-4 hour nap in the middle of the day. It's nice, but if I want to do something with friends in the middle of the day it messes him up and he is a nightmare grouch. I can't complain too much though, now he goes to bed at 8pm and sleeps till 7-8am. Oh how I love getting to sleep through the night again.
I was going back and forth on putting Jack into a preschool this coming Fall. We decided to wait until next year. For now I'm going to do a little playgroup with a few girls in my ward who have kids the same age as Jack. We'll take turns teaching the kids in our homes a couple of days a week.
We went to a Rodeo on the 3rd July. I loved it. I probably won't take the wee ones to the evening show again, but we'll definitely take them to the carnival again during the day. Jack got to ride on a pony and go on a mini-roller coaster. He had a brilliant time, but both kids were wiped out by the evening.
At the end of last year I won us a family photo session. We set up an appointment to take the pictures in the middle of August. Here's the link to the photography blog of the mother/daughter team that will be taking the photos: http://kateandjessphotos.blogspot.com
She wants to know what kind of setting I want.....I need help, I have no idea. ( If you scroll through her blog she has pics in both kinds of settings) We can either do trees, grass, etc, or old walls, train tracks, stairs, etc. What should I do?

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Jack's face is so funny in that photo! Yea just forget bout coming over here and the time will go much quicker! Have you told Jack he is coming over? Is he excited?

Leigh Harris said...

Yeah, we've told him he's going on a plane to Scotland and he'll be excited for a few minutes before he forgets about it again..ha. I hope he's good on the trip over.

Erin said...

Okay so where have I been? I've missed like the last five of your posts...for some reason your blog isn't updating on my blog...does that make sense? I'm just getting over being sick and I'll give you a ring on Saturday maybe if you're not doing anything...I miss you tons!!! I love all the pictures...your boys are so dang adorable...they would be perfect for my girls...arranged marriages? yes. haha just kidding. I'm not sure Jack would enjoy my little hot headed Abby. :) Let me know! Oh and I can't wait for you to go home! How great will it be with Ryan going with you?!!! That's swell.

S said...

Those pics are adorable....I love Jack's face in the one! I can' wait to see the family photos....I'd love to have our professionally taken but its just too expensive right now. I would go with the trains, tracks, stairs, etc. theme. I love pics with those in the background...especially for little boys. Hang in there with the heat...we hit 112 today and I refuse to leave the house. Not fun to hibernate in the summer!

Mary said...

Hi Leigh! Thanks for the invite to your blog. Sorry I don't do a blog, you know me and the computer!! You and your guys look wonderful. It has been so long! Have a great adventure in Scotland! Keep in touch at mary.godfrey@hotmail.com. I miss our little chats! Love,Mary

Val said...

Hey Leigh...how many more days until you leave?? ;)