Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The 'naughty' Superman

This whole post it completely out of order......oh well.
On Sunday Liz flew back into Portland. She stayed with us until this morning and then took off again (much to Jack's dismay) for South Carolina. Yes, South Carolina, not Florida. So, we just learned this weekend, that Ryan's dad got another job offer to be a Plant Manager(with the same company) over in a town called Aiken...4 hours over the border from Tallahassee. We were pretty surprised that they are moving AGAIN so soon, but this job is more suited to Chris and offers a nicer pay check so I don't blame him for taking it. I was a little sad, however, that now when we go to visit we will have to drive 8 hours to Disney world instead of 4. Lame.
Yesterday we spent the morning/afternoon at the Portland zoo....I love that place. It's so gorgeous. It has some great animals and Jack was WAY more into it this time. Last time we went was when my parents came last September. I think next year I will for sure buy a season pass...it was a very fun day. They have a train ride that used to just go around the zoo....well now it goes all the way to the 'Rose Gardens' and then back to the zoo, so it takes about 35 mins, but Jack and Peter were in heaven. When we got home around 2pm, Auntie Callie and her boyfriend, Josh, were waiting for us. Jack pretty much LOVES them. On three different occasions, all while driving to Safeway, Jack has started screaming that I needed to pull the car over because he just saw Callie and Josh....of course, they were no where to be seen...that's how much he loves them...they are his hallucination.
Here, in our wee town of Newberg, they have what they call an 'Old Fashioned Festival' every July. Last year we didn't go...should have...but didn't....I had just had Peter and was not feeling adventurous enough I guess. There is a Children's Parade, a carnival, live music, fireworks, and tons of delish food. Children are encouraged to dress up however they like and walk for all to see and wave to all the spectators who line the streets....it's kinda interesting, but Jack was a pro...he likes feeling like he's the center of attention:)
Jack was Superman...because I don't have any other costumes for him....but he was more than happy to be "superhero Jack" as he called himself.
Here he is with a few other kids from our ward that we went with. Isn't Superman supposed to be good....Jack was running around with a water gun and shooting at everyone....thanksfully there was no water in it....hmmm...he could not be more of a boy.
These two have been having a lot of fun together lately. Yeah, they still get into all sorts of bother and love to hit one another and wrestle like crazy(I do feel like I spend a ton of time pulling them apart and playing the referee), but for the most part they really do get along fairly well. Peter is Jack's little shadow and when Jack laughs, Pete lights up....it's very sweet.
Enjoying the wee pool on our side deck.
For quite some time Ryan has been encouraging me to go ahead and have my wisdom teeth taken out. I'd been told the same thing countless times from different dentists. I only had 3 wisdom teeth and 2 of them had grown in and were fine, but the 3rd one which wasn't through yet was growing in crooked. I didn't really like the idea of that last one messing up my bottom row of teeth, so after rescheduling the appointment to extract the teeth about 4 times I finally set a date and had them removed. You'd think that after previously changing the appointment 4 times I'd have timed it better this time around....well I didn't. I scheduled it for 2 days after Ryan's 30th birthday...when I should have planned a fun birthday party or something since his b-day was mid-week. It worked out perfect though because our good friends, the Guisti's, came into town for a short visit that weekend. It was lovely to spend time with them again after not seeing them for 2 years. We miss them so much!
It's so fun having an updated picture of these two wee guys together!
We're missing Jack and Luke from this photo (sure they were off causing mischief together somewhere...haha.) Can't wait to meet baby boy #3 one day in the near future...we're coming to Reno for Ryan's cousin's Farewell at the beginning of December!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Are you really coming in December?! I never would have expected you guys to have an excuse so make the trip so soon! Hooray!! Would you fly or drive? That is wonderful that Ryan's dad had an even better offer. And the previous one was supposed to be quite good too, wasn't it? They must be professionals at moving because I think this is at least the third/fourth time since all of us got married. How do they do it? I guess you go where you are meant to go. Your post makes me wish even more that we had gone to the zoo while in Portland. It will be on the list for the next trip there. The drive home all in one day, really wasn't that bad so hopefully we'll be able to come and visit again soon and enjoy the train ride from the zoo to the gardens. How fun! You do a good job of keeping those boys of yours busy. I must try to be better once this pregnancy is over.

Erin said...

Leigh---I miss you so much! I need to call you next week...it'll be top priority. I've been missing my chats with you. I love seeing all the pictures of you guys. I can't believe how long your hair is...it's gorgeous! And your boys are so adorable! How's Ryan doing? Ugh...we just need to have a proper chat on the phone. I miss living close to friends. Blast military. Miss you!

Leigh Harris said...

Lindsey - If we come to Reno, and I'm pretty sure we will, we'll drive. It'll be so fun to see you guys again so soon...and meet your newest member!
Seriously...I do not know how Ryan's parents do it! They really are professional movers!

Erin - I may call you first!