Wednesday, June 8, 2011

28 weeks

Despite my urge and desire to keep things busy for the wee ones, especially during the nice weather, things are definitely starting to slow down around here. Last week after pushing myself a little too much I started having contractions that were only a few minutes apart. I was so worried and scared; I barely reached 28 weeks on Sunday. The last thing I want is to have these babies earlier than is already expected. After speaking with a nurse, who contacted the 'on-call' doctor, I was told to sit down and hardly move for the remainder of the night. They didn't want my body to establish a pattern that they couldn't stop. Luckily, I was fine for the rest of the night and only had a little bit of pressure. I headed into the doctor the following morning and although I was slightly effaced, I hadn't dilated at all. Good news. I was told I didn't need to go on bed rest, but I shouldn't be standing for more than 10-15 mins at a time. And to be honest, I can hardly do that anyway these days....I get exhausted so easily.

(I'm glad these wee guys like to dress up like superheros so often...it makes life easier when I want to have a lazy day at home.)
Saturday was just lovely. Some wonderful friends from my ward threw a baby shower for me. It was very personal and special. My friend, Val, had contacted my family and asked them for some info on me as a baby. It was so surprising to see the gorgeous picture my mum had sent of me as a baby with my parents, and just great fun listening to the stories she had sent about me too.
My mum had also sent a ton of chocolate for the shower, which was just amazing! I loved every minute of it.

(This is one of the girl's blessing dresses...my mother in-law made it, but I had my RS president add some lace around the hem.)
(And my friend, Anne, made a very pretty nappy cake (diaper), with lovely flower hair clasps on it.)
My sister, Amy, is coming to stay with us next Monday for a few weeks and then my mother- in-law will come the day after she leaves. I was starting to think my mum was over reacting a wee bit by sending my sister to help me this soon as I've been feeling fine since last week, but on Monday after going to target to run some errands I started having contractions again. I think it put me in my place....I am definitely SLOWING way down from here on out.

2 comments:

S said...

Oh Leigh! You better take it easy! I am so glad you have such wonderful friends to shower you with love! My package should arrive soon...I am still waiting for one thing to come in the mail....its taking forever! I am super excited about it though! So glad your having two sweet girls! Now get some rest! LOL!

Gina said...

Leigh, I am so excited for you to have your twins. I just had twin girls 11 weeks ago. They were just shy of 6 weeks early. Take it easy from here on out, i wished i had and I don't have other children. Hang in there.