Friday, November 18, 2011

Dear Penelope

Bebe girl, I am crazy about you! You are such a dainty wee thing, weighing a pound less than your sister at 11 lbs 11 oz and measuring 22 1/2 inches in length. You are very fond of your twin sister. Sometimes when you are crying in your cot at bedtime, simply placing olive a wee bit closer to you so you can touch her silences you immediately. It's one of my favourite things seeing you both sleeping side by side, breathing softly together. Unfortunately, you are still not the greatest sleeper at bedtime, but you are definitely improving and managed to stay in your own bed last night for a record 6 hrs. Usually you wake around 4am and spend the rest of the morn snuggled next to me feeding a little. I do treasure those little moments when I get to spend one on one time with each of you wee girlies.
I often call you my little madam because you are very strong-willed Missy. No tears, just full on screaming when your patience has run out. Your big brother, Jack, is really wonderful at comforting you. He sings lovely lullaby's and rocks you gently. He calls you his baby because we tell him how much you look like him. But generally you are the happiest baby around, bar your sis of course. I am constantly telling your brothers and dad to look at your beautiful wee smile; I can't believe how cheery you are.
You are very strong; both your wee neck and your legs...I feel like I'm barely holding you up half the time. It's your fav to be up on my shoulder checking everything out. In fact the other day we sat you in the bumbo next to us at the dinner table and I have never seen your wee eyes so wide! Just taking it all in. I have a suspicion that you may be an early walker like your brothers.
You smile the biggest when you are gazing at the fan in our living room, your new cute nickname is Elope thanks to big brother Pete, and relaxing in one of the baby swings lulls you to sleep within minutes.
I sure adore you sweet babe.
Love you,
Mum. x

2 comments:

Ursula said...

I love your letters to your children. It is so sweet. I hope you have them on paper, so they can read it later, when they get bigger.

Val said...

Those are simply precious! Love you and your family. :)