Friday, November 18, 2011

Dear olive

oh my wee lovely one, I can't tell you how much I simply adore you already. I can't control myself when it comes to those delicious cheeks of yours. At your 2 month mark you were a whopping 12 lbs 11 oz and 23 inches long, but I'm sure you've already piled the pounds on since then and unbelievably you'll be 3 months tomorrow! Stop growing so fast little beauty! I really love getting to know you; learning all your little habits and quirks.
Your good dear friend is Waterhouse's Lady of Shalott. She hangs on our living room wall and every time you are any where near her your whole face lights up and you can't stop grinning. It's very funny. Another wee pal of yours is your big brother Peter, interestingly enough you are his mini female lookalike. He really enjoys rubbing his head on your belly and although you get a slightly nervous, scared kinda look for a second, you get a pretty big smile on your face when he lifts his head and kisses your cheek.
You are a wonderful sleeper. The first and beginning of the second month you slept for about 4-5 hrs at a time during the night and now you are out for a full 8-9 hrs...it's incredible. Thank you darling!
Eating is very important to you, which is very clear from those little chunky rolls of yours. You gnaw on your wee fist to get my attention for a feeding and even though you are definitely the more mellow twinnie, you are getting a lot more vocal and wriggly. You are very content and happy sitting with Daddy in the rocker, conk out in a minute when you're in the car, love snuggling with me in my bed after you wake up each morning and you are a big time grunter! Granny always knows when I'm holding you when I talk to her on the phone, that's how loud you are!
I love watching you grow baby A, you smell so sweet.
Love you,
Mum x

No comments: