Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dear Peter


You are one very independent 2 year old Mr! You have me ready to pull my hair out one minute and then laughing hysterically the next. What a wee nutter you are. I'm pretty sure you're a wee genius too though, hehe. You are a brilliant talker already and your vocabulary is growing everyday. Granny in Scotland is already amazed at how much clearer your words are and how much better your sentence structure is since she was here in September. I'd have to agree. Life is sometimes easier now that I know exactly what you're saying, but wee man...you are a handful too for that same reason!
You became a big brother to two lovely wee girls that you completely adore just 3 months ago and I'd say you took all the change rather well. There were a few times when you were a tad jealous and told me I was not allowed to feed the babies, but you really love to hold them and walk around singing, "olivepenny, olivepenny", strung together like it's one name...pretty cute. If you don't say "penny", you say "Elope", which I just adore.
Phoning Granny in Scotland to talk to her about "Spidiman" and "Vedom" (we all get a laugh out of how you say them, especially Gandpa McArthur) is a favourite activity of yours. I'm pretty sure Granny loves it too. You dress up as Spiderman a lot and have a fistful of action figures with you most the day. You refuse to go to sleep without all the spidermen on the dresser by your bed...it's a wee bit of an obsession. In fact, Sister Osborne at church, who adores you and you her, keeps Spiderman toys aside until you arrive at nursery! How nice is she?!
Jack is your favourite person in the world, but you're kinda into wrestling and fighting with him too; it's a love/hate relationship. I'm not really sure who you play with consistently at church, maybe no one at this age, but you have wee play dates with Zeke O'Brien occasionally and you really love Joey, Haylee and Katie Stock.
You know almost all the letters of the alphabet and can count to 12 before getting lost in the teens. Jack's favourite colour is green, so you decided blue was yours. You are really fond of Ranch dressing, ketchup and McDonalds...great, I know, a proud mummy moment. But what I love about you is that, unlike Jack, you will eat all your veggies and never complain about any food I make...you eat anything and everything and usually store it in your cheeks while you take another bite.
Colouring all over the kitchen table, window sills and windows with crayons is a frequent find when I nurse your baby sisters and Jack has left his crayons out, but you always say sorry in the sweetest wee voice that it's hard to stay too mad.
Jack may be the double of your Dad as a wee boy, but you are the double of him as he is now! I love it.
You are so loved Petey Pie,
Mum x

1 comment:

S said...

So cute!! I will have to agree with you on the genius part...knowing that many numbers and letters and he's only 2!! That's awesome!! Love these little stories and getting to see the boy's sweet personalities. So cute too how he says the twins names. :)