Friday, November 4, 2011

Dear Jack

Just a wee note to record a bit about you at this ripe old age of 4...hehe. I say that because lately you've been getting a little bit annoyed at me when I try and explain anything to you. Your favourite one liner is "I know Mum! I'm the big brother remember?!" Hmmm, cheeky :)
You are a wonderful big brother,Jack. Can you believe you have 3 younger siblings already?! Because I can't. I still think of you as such a wee thing and then I look at you and I'm blown away by how big you are getting. According to your "Incredible Hulk" measuring chart you are 3 feet 6" tall and you weigh 38 pounds. Nice growing!
You were fairly obsessed with Sharks a while back and are still a complete pro when it comes to naming the different species. I'll need to test you again,but I think you know at least 20 or so. Your memory for things that interest you is incredible. But when you aren't interested you sometimes have a difficult time concentrating and staying focused..I'd say that's fairly normal though,right?
Presently, you are super hero mad! Batman, Spiderman,Captain America, Wolverine, the Ninja Turtles....you like them all, but those are a few of your super favs.
Your best friends are Peter and Joey Stock. You are friends with Carson Shewell and Ruth Dalton too. You go to Joey's a couple times a week and have loads of fun,even more when Haylee(Joey's big sister) gets home. In fact, you told me yesterday you wished you had a big sister like her. Cute.
You love to draw and colour,especially after the Sacrament is passed at church. I really like the pictures you draw of your baby sisters. You participated in your first primary presentation last month and you made me so very proud. Your part, that you had memorized was, "being confirmed and receiving the Holy Ghost." I loved every minute of watching you up there, it was really special for me.
You make fantastic forts with the cushions from our couch, your lego spaceships are sensational, holding olive and penelope brings an enormous smile to your face, and giving your dad "squeeze hugs" are a favourite part of your bedtime routine.
Your favourite food is spaghetti, but you enjoy a tasty chicken leg (or chicken on a stick, as you call it) and a sweet pickle very much too.
You think I'm super rich and want me to buy you every toy at the "red store" (Target). You love going there to persue the toy aisles.
Thank you for being patient with Peter. He is still really struggling with learning to share, but you let him play with your toys and share more than I know you'd like.
You are much more independent since I had your twin sisters and I am so proud of the great helper you've become too. You are a sweet and very sensitive wee boy, Jack, and your Dad says you really remind him of how he was as a little boy. You look just like he did when he was wee too, that's a very good thing!

I love you,
Mum. x

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh so sweet. This is such a good idea to do. We love jack

S said...

Loved this!!! That is amazing that he can name so many sharks!!! Bravo Jack!!! What a cutie and an excellent big brother. :)