Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dear Peter,

I always laugh when I think of you.  Well, laugh or shake my head and roll my eyes! Ha.  You continue to shock your Dad and I with your smarts, have us hysterically laughing one minute and then ready to scream the next.  I don't know what to do with you some days, but, truly, I can't imagine life without you; as sappy as that sounds.  
  Ever since your brother started Kindergarten you have become my wee man around the house during the day.  You ask if you can help me with house work and stay pretty close by my side for the majority of the morning.  You'll watch a couple of your favourite programmes in the morning, like 'Jake and the Neverland Pirates', and 'Bubble Guppies', then eat breakfast, and get dressed for the day all by yourself.  That's not really anything new though, because you've been so independent since you were so very wee and have really never let me help you with much of anything.
Your wee sister, Olive, is your female lookalike and it's very amusing watching the pair of you interact.  She is also stubborn and will literally wrestle you to the floor if she wants something you have.  Maybe it makes me a bad Mum for enjoying it, but hearing her scream at you the way you used to scream at Jack is quite comical.  You can make her laugh like no one else though and I hope you will become very close over the years.
You still have a very lovely relationship with wee Penelope.  You take care of her and help her with anything she needs when you notice it.  She comes to you with books and you sit with her turning the pages and making up the story.  I'm not sure when your special wee bond with her "happened", but it is one of the most  beautiful friendships I have ever seen.  Every time you kiss her wee cheek or ask me if Penelope is awake yet, I swoon over you a little more. Thanks for being such a wonderful big brother, Petey. 
Jack is your main man and best friend; although you are very fond of your Dad too.  You follow those boys out to the car every morning to stand and wave goodbye to them as they leave for work/school together; shouting and waving till the bitter end.

A few of your favourite things/people are: Henry Platt (from our ward), Ice Cream (mint choc chip), the Ninja Turtles, Baby Zoe (your cousin), Target (you love looking at the toys), Costco (you love all the free food samples), getting a free cookie at the bakery when we go to Fred Meyers, putting your church clothes on (AMAZINGLY), Sister Osborne (your nursery and now sunbeam teacher!), going to Sunbeams (you love seeing Jack in sharing time), yogurts, being invited to Joey's house,  playing Lego Batman or the Toy Story computer game with your Dad, making silly faces when I'm taking your photo, Grandma Liz's letters, and skyping with Granny McArthur.

What a fantastic wee nutcase you are, Peter.  I can't wait to see what comes your way this year; you're my favourite 3 year old.  

Squeeze hug, Mum. X

2 comments:

Val said...

Your boys are seriously the best - so happy you are doing this for them. They will love it!

alisa fawn said...

These letters are great! It just makes me wish that we could spend time with our fantastic nephews!