Tuesday, January 1, 2013

November...late

Extremely quick recap of some of our November via some pictures of the wee ones.  My New Year's Resolution is to really make good use of this nice new laptop that I waited in a very long queue for on Black Friday and then gave to myself for Christmas! Ha! 
The twins are 15 months in these pics and have become great wee pals for the most part.  There is, of course, the occasional brief disagreement over who will get a certain toy, but unfortunately, Olive being the older and bossier of the two, she tends to win more often than not...when I'm not watching.  
I'm told I shouldn't have them on a bottle anymore and I will get them off it soon, but for now, it's making my life easier to still give them their milk in it before their nap and at bed time.  When I give them a wee dry snack in a bowl during the day the pair of them always march straight to the bottom stair outside the kitchen and sit there for a good 10 mins chatting nonsense to each other as they eat....it's wonderful to watch.
My wee Penelope Anne is very much a mummy's girl.  But she went through a wee phase there when she was quite attached to Ryan instead.  I really quite enjoyed the break from the clingyness and, who doesn't love watching their lovely baby snuggle into Dad?
Jack was absent from school on the first picture day at his school because of a small asthma attack at home due to a terrible cough.  So when picture re-takes came around I took a few pics of him at home before he left...what a handsome wee chap he is!  His picture turned out cute, but with his same wee forced smile he usually has! ha.

The babies love peas of every shape and size and Olive can frequently be caught nicking Penelope's when her's are all gone.  What a change it is having children who really love veggies....the boys weren't nearly as fond; it was all fruit with them.
Jack and Peter are still really keen on any kind of art project; Jack in particular is getting so into drawing and is great!  Here they are working on painting clay piggie banks.  The thing I loved most about this day was that Jack immediately searched our house high and low for any money he could find lying around, shoved it in his bank, and then asked me if we had enough now to go to Scotland.  It makes me so happy to know he's got such a deep love for Scotland already and for all his family there.
Peter is very excited to go visit Granny and Grandpa McArthur this summer too.  Here he is with his beloved 'Jake and the Neverland Pirates' toys that Granny had sent over.  They are spoiled rotten, even from afar!
Jack finished football, thank the heavens!  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed getting him involved in it and he made a lot of new friends, and enjoyed the practices (not so much the actual matches), but it was really difficult juggling the other 3 wee ones for that hour in the evenings while we waited for Jack.  Next year will be much easier, if he still wants to play again that is.
The twins are huge 'Peppa Pig' fans...taking after their brothers, and cousins in Scotland too.  My mum sent them a lovely Peppa and George, which they carry around a lot as well as their beloved blankies.  All of my kids have had a special blanket and toy they've been really attached too.
And lastly, the wee twinners looking cute in matching attire at church one Sunday, another of them in their favourite spot on the step with their snack, and a pic of the 'Book Wreath' I made that took blooming ages to make, but looks so pretty in my living room now that it's finally done!  

3 comments:

Erin said...

Whoa---when did the girls get soooo big??? They are gorgeous as always. I love your book wreath---it looks like you colored the edges of the pages, am I right? Clever!!! Miss you!

Karen said...

Wow, I can't believe how big all of your kids are getting!! So fun to see pictures and glad to see you guys are doing well!! Miss you tons!!! Next time I'll be in Oregon is April for sure and I'm hoping maybe a quick feb trip! I'll let you know!!

S said...

I am so behind in reading blogs and my goodness the twins have gotten so big!! They are adorable!! I love your letters to your boys....so sweet! And something funny...Allie went to her friend's house last week and came home talking about a pig that she wanted that was on tv but I had no clue what she was talking about because we don't have cable...then I read this post and now I know! Haha it was peppa the pig! So glad I'm up to date on the now haha!!