Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A favourite month

I've a couple of wee posts to catch up on, but for now I best put up a couple of nice Halloween themed pictures before this jolly day comes to an end!  
We went to our favourite pumpkin patch, Bauman's, with our friends near the beginning of the month.  It poured with rain like mad the entire drive there, but eased off almost immediately after arriving.  The great thing about this patch is that it's mostly covered anyway, so come rain or shine we were going to have a fab time.  



All three boys and little Charlotte played in a pit of walnuts, took a ride in a wee bumblebee train, slid down a massive pumpkin hill, jumped on bouncy castles, and made their way through a few haystack mazes.  Brill fun.




Last year we took a picture at this same spot, but left the sleepy 2 month olds in their pram.  What a difference a year makes...our wee lovelies were not to be kept down this time.

Look at these magic pumpkins that were there!  Absolutely amazing.


We took a quick weekend trip to Reno in the middle of the month to attend the baby blessing of our new nephew, Eli.  I'll write a post on that soon enough, but we imposed a little on our old friends from BYU at the last minute who live half an hour from Reno.   It was wonderful to see them; we miss them terribly.  

Ryan and Brett chatting away like old times...it was very nice seeing them together again.  I just can not believe Lindsey and I have given birth to all those children up there!  Haha! Ryan and I were married on the same day as Brett and Lindsey...it's mad to see how much our families have grown in the last (almost) 8 years.



And here's some final pics:  decorating Halloween cupcakes that we baked for family home evening, preparing for some pumpkin carving, and dressed and ready in our costumes for the ward's 'Trunk or Treat' Party.  If you can think of any great costume ideas I can use for my wee twinies next year, let me know.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to top 'Thing 1' and 'Thing 2'...they looked great! 







3 comments:

S said...

Love the costumes Leigh!!! Such a cute idea! That pumpkin patch looks so fun....ours in Vegas are more like carnivals so to see an actual pumpkin patch would be a treat for our kids...lol! I've been so behind but so glad to catch up on your blog!! Those sweet girls are getting big so fast!

Lindsey said...

Thing 1 and Thing 2 are adorable and even you to match! You are right, that will be tough to top next year. You said that you imposed on us, but it was no imposition at all. I loved it and we would be more than glad to be your hotel if you ever need a place to stay in the future! That pumpkin patch puts little old Lattin Farms to shame. Looks like so much fun! We miss you guys, but I am so grateful that we got to see you!

Erin said...

Loved your Fall/Halloween pictures! You've got such a great looking family. I miss you! Your costume is adorable!