Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Scotland Part 3

I know, ANOTHER Scotland post?!  I am so behind in blogging as I've been trying to work on Scrapbooks for the wee girlies.  This might be the last one?

After my Dad went back to work it was a little tricky to get out and about with all of us.  I kinda wished I'd been able to take my minivan over with us. ha.
The weather had just been gorgeous and we really wanted to do a second beach day.  Jack and Peter love the sand and sea more than anything, so Isabel and I decided to hire a car to go meet up with my brother, Euan, Alisa, and my lovely nieces at the West Kilbride beach.  Granny stayed at home with the wee twinners.  Isabel had just passed her driving test and really wanted to drive the hired car.  The drive there went fairly well.  But on the drive home my heart was racing and I may have had a few mini heart attacks every time we came to a roundabout.....and there are MANY roundabouts between West and East Kilbride.  Poor Izzy!  She has MUCH improved since then!  I'm sure it was just the car. :)

The beach was lovely, the company was great, and we all had such a jolly time.
Aren't my wee nieces fantastic?!  I just love these girls so much.

The boys and Eleanor worked on a brilliant sandcastle with cool Uncle Euan/Dad.
Charlotte did nothing but smile....well, except for those two brief times Euan put her feet in the water.  She wasn't too fond of that.
P and E were a total riot together.  I actually miss seeing them play.  Peter prays every single day (a few times a day) that he will get to see Eleanor again really soon.  It's kinda killing me.
It was a blast of a day and we really miss those wee McArthurs.

Another really beautiful sunny day I took the boys with me on the train to Glasgow, then on the tube to Ibrox to meet my Aunt Joy and cousin, Eve.  Together we drove to Largs and met up with lots more extended family.  Once we were all gathered we boarded the ferry to Millport.  I think I went to the loo, and then the boys went to the loo, and then we were there! Ha.  It only takes about 10 mins or so.  
It's so gorgeous at home.  I went so picture crazy while I was there and I am pretty grateful I got that wonderful camera beforehand....my pics make me so happy!
Jack and Peter fell in love with my Aunt Joy, which is understandable because she is really amazing.  I love her too.  We had a marvelous picnic by the beach.
My cousins, Katie and Beth, were fantastic with all the kids and played with them in the sea while I got to hang out with the grown ups.
Later we ate ice cream, told lots of funny stories, and took turns riding on the bikes we had brought across with us.
Jack loved Louis (my cousin, Larissa's wee boy).
Eve helped Peter ride on her bike and then I took a wee shot on Joy's.  It was so much fun!
I'm pretty eager to get a bike now!   After we dropped Eve off, my Uncle David came and met up with Joy, me and the boys.  We ate really incredible pizza, and my uncle spoiled the boys with gigantic pieces of cheesecake to themselves.

I just wanted to show a couple pics of sweet Sonny.  He wasn't doing too well health wise while we were there and sadly passed away shortly after we left.  I never thought I'd become attached to a dog.  But we all loved him so much and after having had him in the family for 11 odd years it's safe to say we were all very attached.  It was hard to hear my kiddos talk about him after he first passed, but now I'm so happy when they talk about him.  My favourite thing Jack says in his prayer is, "I hope Sonny and Red Shine are behaving themselves in heaven, but also having lots of fun!"  (His first pet beta fish just died a few days ago.)

The last wee day out I'll mention just now was just a couple of days before Ryan left.  We traveled to Linlithgow Palace with my parents and met my brother, Euan and his family there.  They had just returned from Utah after visiting my sister in law's family for a month.
There was a jousting festival going on that was extremely entertaining.  
I told you....I can't get enough of these girls!  Wee Lottie is, to quote Eleanor, such a "sweetie-head".
Jack, Peter, and Eleanor fought a good fight with their weapons of choice.  They were quite the trio.
Such a fun day! 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, what an amazing trip!! I love love love seeing all the beautiful pictures of Scotland! Gorgeous. So happy you were able to spend time with your family. I'm sorry about your dog:(

Val said...

Jack's prayers for those that have passed are precious!