Sunday, April 6, 2008

Friends


Recently I have been thinking a lot about friendships. My friend, Erin, came into town this weekend with her family and it's been so nice catching up. I love when you have that closeness with somebody that you can literally chat about EVERYTHING. You can have a good laugh, but then also discuss the serious things and have a wee cry if you need to. As time passes and we move on in life, we sometimes loose that closeness we might have once had with some friends. I often think about friends I have had throughout my life that I miss terribly. When I came to BYU I never thought about the friendships I might be leaving behind. I thought I would be able to keep my closest friendships alive. Unfortunately, that saying "out of sight, out of mind" seems to ring true. I tried. I tried really hard to keep in touch, but we were all moving down such different paths it seemed.
I look forward to making some new friendships when we move to Oregon and hopefully I will find some wee pals for Jack too.

1 comment:

Driel said...

That is so true! It is so hard to keep friendships. Jack and Abby are adorable!