Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

My boys had a great day on Friday.....or maybe that was me. I so enjoyed that they hardly fought at all the entire day and played so wonderfully together. It makes me so happy when they are nice to one another, so hooray for a happy mummy!

In the evening Auntie Callie and Uncle Josh came for dinner and then spent the night at our place. The wee ones couldn't get enough of them. Jack showed off his amazing knowledge of sharks by naming more sharks than I've even heard of (Daddy has been practicing with him), and wee Pete was enjoying saying "josh" over and over again....he's got a wee obsession with his new uncle :)

On Saturday Ryan was helping a family in our ward move and Josh had some homework to do, so Callie and I took the wee guys over to an Easter Egg hunt near Jaquith Park with my friend, Val, and her family. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. But it was a beautiful day and swarming with crazy parents who seemed more eager than their children to grab the eggs on the field. Thanks to all those nutter parents, poor Jack only ended up with one egg and even sadder was poor Joey, who didn't get any. I was complaining loudly to Callie and feeling very sorry for the boys when a lovely fireman(they put on the shin-dig) overheard and came over to drop a big handful of sweeties into their buckets. How nice. Of course plenty of sweeties were coming their way the following day anyway.

When Peter's age group came a short while later I expected the same chaos. But thankfully parents behaved themselves and wee Pete scored big time. Once he realized what was in the plastic eggs he started grabbing 2 at a time! Ha. It was great fun to watch and when he got back to Jack he said, "it's ok Jack" and dumped a bunch of eggs into Jack's bucket. What a kind wee brother.
Once the hunt was over Callie and I took the boys to the mall for lunch and a wee bit of shopping at H&M. It has become a favourite past-time of mine to go there and look around...unfortunately I don't have a money tree.
Josh and Callie left around 5 and Ryan, after having spent 4 hours at the move, had to take off for the priesthood/leadership session of our stake conference. It was a long day for him.
Easter Morning the wee ones were having a wonderful time laughing together in their bedroom. We kept their baskets in our room for them to find...I didn't trust leaving them by their beds, way too much chocolate would have been consumed.
After digging into their baskets we got ready to go to stake conference. It was very nice, but as usual, difficult to focus as much as I would like on the talks.
After Peter and I took a short nap, we painted some eggs and had an egg hunt in the house...brilliant fun. Way too many sweeties were consumed though and Peter turned into Oscar the grouch.
I love Ryan's, "I'm trying really hard to smile when I don't want my photo taken" face. Jack looks so grown up and handsome.
And Petey pie and Mummy....he was being a very grabby boy, like last year I recall, and had cracked 3 eggs within about 5 mins.
Jack with all his chocolate loot.

And even though I look pretty bad in this picture, I loved that both boys had their mouths full to the brim with sweeties and still attempted to smile and said "cheese!"
It was a pretty lovely Easter weekend and it ended with a delish ham for dinner that night.

2 comments:

Val said...

There is no such thing as a bad picture of you! I'm so happy Peter's hunt went better...maybe Katie will be in a better mood next year. :)

S said...

Happy Easter! Looks like you guys had a great day! Your boys are adorable! How are you feeling? Hope you doing well!