Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Blessing the babes

Sunday, September 18th, we blessed the babies. My parents were over for two weeks (Sep.6th-21st) so we broke the "traditional" first Sunday of the month blessing day. I've noticed that at home in Scotland most people avoid blessing babies on testimony Sunday these days...I guess they don't want their non-member family members being exposed to some of the unusual testimonies...ha! Terrible though, testimony Sunday is great..hehe.

We didn't expect Ryan's parents to come as they had just barely moved (YET AGAIN!) to Casper,Wyoming,for a new job. But they shocked us and said they were going to drive all night to be there...18 hours! Ryan's wee sister, Rachel and her new husband, Logan, also drove a distance of 10 hours from Fallon, Nevada, to attend (we hadn't seen them since before they got married). It was really nice having everyone there. Unfortunately, Callie's husband, Josh, had Army drill, so that's why he's missing.

And, yeah, my boys NEVER stay still...this was the best family shot. At least Peter's looking at the camera.

The men that participated in the blessing were Logan, my father in-law,Chris, Ryan, and my Dad, Alan. (Missing is Ted Stock, a good friend of ours from the ward).

My wee darlings l
ooked so beautiful, Ryan's mum made their dresses and headbands.
Ryan's parents, Chris and Liz, with the twins.
And my parents, Alan and Margaret. I loved that they were able to be there so soon after the birth...my mum was the best help and I needed her so badly during those first few weeks, I still do. Some days I don't cope very well.

The twins slept during their beautiful blessings and for
all the pics...it was great.
And the wild, but handsome big brothers, who sat quietly during the blessings, but were very animated and chatty through the rest of sacrament..boy, they loved all the attention they got from all the family present.
Dearest wee olive and penelope, we are so lucky to be your mummy and daddy, we love you both more than words can say.

Note: There was a funny, but awkward moment when Ryan and I went to trade babies after olive was blessed...we both looked at each other like, uh...how do we do this? Made one attempt, failed, and then managed. Lots of smiles and some laughter from the congregation. Slightly embarrassing :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

I loved seeing the pictures of you all! So nice to have the grandparents there. You looked fabulous! And the girls dresses and headband are amazing!!! I'm still shocked that you had twins! I think of you often but hate to call because I figure you're swamped. If you need to chat--give me a ring and we can chat or skype--I just don't want to interrupt or take away from the few minutes you might get of a reprieve! I miss you---you guys all look great!

Jessica said...

So sweet! Glad that your families were able to be there! You're incredible!

Val said...

You guys did great - love the pictures!