Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our October 2011

The babies are 2 months now. Peter is 2 and Jack is 4. I would have to say that Pete makes life the most trying at the moment.
He is so lovable, but extremely strong-willed and stubborn. It's been tough keeping up with him; I know he's struggling a little with having to share me and I'm working on being more patient and understanding. But, heavens, that kid knows how to drive me crazy...good thing he's gorgeous; I love those big eyes.
Jack is a great helper; they both are actually. In fact, they usually end up fighting about who gets to help me with something...that's when I can say, "Guys, we have two babies, so you can both get me a nappy!" And then they're happy.
I do feel like I'm finding myself again and coming out of the initial "haze", but life is very different with four small children and I'm still adjusting. What's amazing to me, however, is that I think I still want another wee one in a few years, so if I'm saying that things can't be that bad, right?! haha.
I absolutely adore having wee girls. And I love that they have such wonderful big brothers that adore them too.
Jack has been really into drawing and painting lately. He used to hate drawing, never had the patience for it...he was too busy and couldn't sit still. Now that's almost all he wants to do. He likes to draw people in love and different people holding the babies. He draws Ryan and I and some of his friend's parents. He's very sweet about it. However, he stresses to me that HE will not be getting married EVER! And literally had a melt-down when I suggested that he might change his mind one day.
Today as Jack was leaving the room he said, "mum, don't let anyone touch my toys, but it's ok if Peter does because he's the best." I about fell over! How lovely. Best friends one minute and arch enemies the next I tell you.
The babies are getting so big with plenty of chubby layers of fat on their wee arms and legs, I can't stand how cute they are. They have their 2 month appt. on Nov.1st, so we'll see how much they've grown then. I'm already missing my wee tiny babies, but they are still so small and I'm loving this stage too. They recognize and smile at me a lot and it's the best feeling ever.
My friend, Val, and I took the kids to Bauman's farm on Wednesday last week. We had such a brilliant time that we went back there again on Saturday with Ryan, Callie, and Josh. The apple cider doughnuts and apple cider juice were to die for. I'm contemplating going back again before they take all the halloween stuff down...it was that good. Oh, and the boys loved it too. hehe.
Peter, Joey, Jack, and Katie
Callie, Peter, Jack, and Josh
Leigh, Peter, Jack, and Ryan

2 comments:

joynevada.com said...

peter looks so like ryan these days!
Is (I think) Penny a lot bigger than Liv? (or other way around) Or is it just the way the picture is taken?

Leigh Harris said...

Yeah, Penny is a little bigger; always has been. But, I think the way I took the picture exaggerates the difference in size. Hope you are keeping well!